Thursday, June 13, 2013

This has been bothering me for years.

Ok. Before you read this post, go check out this post on my tumblr

That's from High School Musical, in case you have no taste and aren't familiar. Or, you know, if you weren't teaching second grade when that movie premiered on the Disney channel. Whichever. 

SPOILER ALERT: This scene is the end of the movie, which is high school kids fighting against the boxes society has put them in, through reflection, song, and choreography. And basketball, I guess. That athlete there is all, hey guys, I like playing basketball but also I like baking. The blonde doesn't really learn anything. 

BUT. This scene is totally unbelievable. I mean, first of all, I want to scold all his teammates for trying to talk him out of baking, even though that kind of skill is a lady magnet. (SEE FINAL SCENE.) Moreover, the blonde is a problem. She's all, oh this cookie is the greatest thing I've ever put in my mouth so far, and then throws it

No sane woman, or really, HUMAN BEING, would be eating the most delicious cookie on the planet and toss it aside carelessly--even to thank the creator (of the cookie, you guys) and ask him to make more. What really happens in this scenario is you finish the cookie and then, probably with your mouth full, thank and hug him and trick him into making you more. Like a normal relationship.



Just in case you were looking for my thoughts on High School Musical today. I feel like I don't address that enough around here. 

No comments: