Saturday, August 15, 2009

Movie, book, television.

1. MOVIE: We went and saw The Goods tonight. (This afternoon, I received a text from a friend saying "Do you want to see the goods tonight?" He's lucky I knew it was the title of a movie.) I was skeptical, but decided to tag along anyway. And the movie was pretty much what I expected...fairly entertaining, a few funny bits, and kind of stupid. No more and no less. Oh and Jeremy Piven is, I'm unashamed to say, looking really good in this one. Is that weird? Because seriously, he's looking better than I had previously remembered.

2. BOOK: I just finished reading Commencement, by J. Courtney Sullivan. She is a fellow Smithie, and her book is about four women during their time at Smith College and the few years following. Since its release, I've been getting tons of phone calls from my college friends. And now I totally get it. It brings on waves of nostalgia, to see in print the places and things that I hold so dear to my heart. So now, despite it being a cliche, I suppose now is the time to add a Commencement quote to my facebook page.

3. TELEVISION: Glee returns to Fox on 9.9.09. Who is excited?? (Besides this girl, of course.)

No comments: