Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's like Sex Panther but for math.

(Warning: prepare yourselves for my mad skills with Paint.)

Sitting with the brilliant and fabulous women from my college days this weekend, I stumbled onto the notion that my love life (and by that I clearly mean lack thereof) could be summed up through the use of a Venn Diagram.

It happened quite by accident. But once I drew it in the air to demonstrate, it sounded accurate. We tried to poke holes in my reasoning--and failed. However, I'm sure it's just a matter of time--so I'll say that 60% of the time, it works every time. Until further notice.

And so I present to you, a real-world application of my middle school math classes:

Factors Contributing To My Single Status
.
Go on, admit that you're impressed with the high-quality graphics going on here.

5 comments:

B said...

1. I'm stealing this and totally giving you credit.

2. BADASS paint skills.

3. Did I mention I'm stealing this?

Amy said...

We are soul sisters, still. I drew a very similar diagram not too long ago .. although lacked the motivation to transform it into the beautiful graphic you have here :)

Samm said...

And Mr. Possible Poor Life Choices is currently still purple, yes? Hehe

Amanda said...

Brianne: I'm glad you agree with my logic here!

Amy: I can't believe we've both diagrammed our love lives. This is another of the many reason we're friends. :)

Samm: I don't know that we can call Mr. PLC purple. Red for sure...but I hesitate to move him to purple!

Amanda said...

I guess I should have noted that this does not even venture into "Is he available?" territory. That would require...at least 3 more diagrams and would only serve to further depress me.