Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I didn't actually ask, thanks.

Today was a new one for me: was rejected by a married man I'm not interested in. Fantastic.

Walked into work and was searching the mailbox, standing on my toes. I said hi to A as he walked by. He stopped and said he didn't know I was taller than him. I lowered myself to normal height and reassured him that no, I am not. I'm tall, but not taller than him.
I promise you I'm not withholding any part of our mundane conversation. Why does it matter, you ask? Just wait.
Then, A said, out of nowhere, "I still wouldn't date you, even if I was single."
I stared.
Had I blacked out and not realized I asked him out?
Not likely.
Did I post a poll somewhere? "On a scale of 1-10, how dateable would you say I am?"
Nope. Didn't do that either.
I stared.
"What a great start to my morning." Gathered my papers and headed out.
A called after me. "I'm just kidding, you know you're a beautiful girl!"

But it's cool because B said she'd kick him in the shin tomorrow. I'm actually coming out on top here.

No comments: