Thursday, April 24, 2014

Jealous Much?

Ok, so there's this woman on television and I think she's talented and beautiful--from afar. However, I don't feel the same way about her face. I'm sorry, but I don't get it. It doesn't do anything for me. 


So when Dancing with the Stars popped up on one of the TVs at the bar and a couple of the guys made a comment about her, I asked what about her was hot. It was genuine curiosity, because I don't get it. And they immediately called me out for being jealous of her. 

WHY. 

I admit, the whole thing was petty to begin with. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that crap. But I was looking for their perspective! Do they agree that her face is a little busted but the rest of her is great? Do they think she has a gorgeous face and we have different standards of beauty? Have they never taken a good look at her face? What is it? 


I never got my answer. But it got me thinking about jealousy--situations like the one above and also within relationships. (When I was in a long distance relationship, there were times when I envied anyone who got to spend time with him, simply because I couldn't.)While I sort out my thoughts, I'm looking for yours. Is jealousy acceptable? A dealbreaker? Does it depend on the situation? Is it normal? Help! 

You can leave a comment here or on facebook/twitter, or email me. (dear.bitter.amanda at gmail) Looking forward to your thoughts on the issue! 

No comments: