Thursday, March 06, 2014

"Easy To Do...Fun To Grow!"

If you've spent any time here, or on my twitter, you'll know that I attend a lot of weddings. (Also bridal showers and bachelorette parties.) I have dodged a lot of bouquets. But now...things are changing. 

Don't misunderstand me--I'm still attending a lot of weddings. Save the date cards have been rolling in since Halloween, although there is at least one I'm skipping this year. (Believe it or not, I don't usually RSVP no. I'm a sucker.) 

The change is that these candy colored invitations that arrive in my mailbox so often are no longer just invitations to bridal showers and weddings. Oh no. Now they are also invitations to baby showers. (Also known as the worst social function in existence.) I like babies, but a baby shower doesn't include any of those! I mean...they do, but the babies are attending inside the mother. Before they're--YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, OK? Baby showers are sitting there watching people get excited about bottles and onesies and tiny socks. It's a real riot when someone buys the new mom anything related to breast feeding. Because I wasn't uncomfortable enough already. 

So that's my newest forced hobby. Baby showers. Because all those weddings I attend? Yeah, now they're having babies. Everyone I know is having a baby. They are creating and caring for a little human for YEARS. 

I, on the other hand, received a Chia Pet for Christmas. (It's a long, weird story.) I didn't even know Chia Pets still existed! But now I have one. AND I GOT NERVOUS ABOUT THE COMMITMENT. Honestly. I was like, "Ughhh do I have to take care of this?" I am nervous about committing to a terra cotta hippo shaped planter for seven days

I'm going to be 30 in a few months and I don't know if I can handle a Chia Pet.

 Let that sink in.


But 2014 is the Year of Progress! So go ahead--have your babies! Me? I'm going to commit to this hippo! I'm growing a Chia Pet to prove that I too, am an adult. 

Stay tuned...


No comments: