Sunday, March 02, 2008

Close Friends.

I spent my day yesterday in first aid and CPR training. And in case anyone is contemplating that, here's a tip: go with a friend.

Not 30 minutes into the 7 hour day, we were paired off to practice moving a victim. Picture this: I've flipped my partner from being face-down on the floor to face-up. I'm bent over her face, listening for signs of life, holding on to her chin and forehead. (Note: she pulled through!) My ear is an inch from her mouth. I sit up to move her into a recovery position.

"So I'm Sarah."
"I'm Amanda."
"Well it's nice to meet you."

A nice, quick way to make new friends? Perhaps.


In other news, Fridays are Spirit Days at work. Most recently, we had Mismatch Day. How would you take it if someone told you, "You did a REALLY good job." on that sort of day? Compliment? A masked way of saying you look ugly? Both? Not sure.

No comments: