Thursday, October 04, 2007

Alive? Yes.

I know, I know, I know...I have been seriously MIA lately. Which I will attribute to two things, and one of them is a SERIOUSLY good excuse. First is work. School started again, so = busier. Lame excuse. Yes.
Second. A lovely friend sent an old copy of The Rules in the mail, for my amusement. She had a suspicion that I might get a laugh out of it. And Miss L, you were dead on. I've been reading it since the minute I got it, alternating between shocked laughter because seriously people believe this garbage? and throwing the book across the room. Literally. I was so enraged at one point that the book flew and we took a break from each other before continuing.
It's research, darlings. Research. When I return from a short holiday, I will be sharing some thoughts on the book with you.

Speaking of research, I have a bit of a confession for you. The Hills. I watch The Hills. It's a problem and I've admitted it so there you have it. I can't tear myself away! I mean...can any of those kids maintain a semi-healthy relationship? I find that watching the bloodbath that is Heidi and Spencer helps me keep up a steady stream of bitter, even when my friends aren't grossing me out. So really, it's love/hate between myself and The Hills. But I feel better having admitted it to you.

You know you watch it too. Shut up.



ALSO: IMPORTANT.
The reason I am coming home when I am is The KDB Melanoma Walk. A year ago, we lost a beautiful friend to melanoma. This is our second year walking, organized by my kickass neighbor. It's a great cause, and a lot of fun. The walk is on Saturday, October 13--if you're in the metro Detroit area, you should check out their website and come join us at the walk! I just might bring back the squirrel hat for the occasion--if you don't know what I mean, then you are missing out. Feel free to email me (dear.bitter.amanda [at] gmail [dot] com) if you have any questions or want more information. Because I? Am a veritable fountain of information.

No comments: