Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Ultimate.

I would like to state that despite the best efforts of my opposition, I basically rocked their faces off with my latest snowman endeavor. They left for a short holiday and returned to find THIS:


Yes, that'd be their upstairs bathroom window.

I need to find a different hobby...hiding stuff everywhere is becoming very time- (/life-) consuming. Although, I must say this is pretty enjoyable. I know, I promised you more posts, but I taught preschool all last week, which was fairly exhausting. However, the greatest thing ever did happen on Thursday. One of my students (who, it should be noted, is four years old) was working on a puzzle. He started singing his ABCs quietly to himself. Then he made a seamless transition into a chorus of "Smack That." I'm not terribly familiar with this song, so in case you're in the same boat, it IS as tacky as it sounds! Definitely not the kind of song you want your preschooler singing. But he's cute and little and not at a point in his comprehension of the English language (it's not his first) where he gets it, really. So I just kind of swallowed my laugh and asked how he was doing with the puzzle. He noticed my smile and asked if I liked that song. "Why YES, I love the Alphabet Song!" I exclaimed, hoping that distraction would work. He smiled and then started singing himself a little "Jack and Jill went up the hill..." Perfect. What an amazing job. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There seems to be a definite negative bent to your blog. Hence "Bitter" instead of happy or ecstatic Amanda. I know, nothing gets past me...I have a flair for the obvious!

Why must you begrudge those who have found what they feel is happiness? There is a time for all of us to find that special someone who completes us. The trick is to find someone you "want" to be with as opposed to find someone you "have" to be with because you feel this pressure that you have to be married or in a committed relationship at some given age.

Or worse yet you betroth yourself to someone out of obligation. Talk about feeling trapped... I have friends who are in sucky relationships because they feel there is no one else out there so they might as well stay with the devil they know. Life is too short to be unhappy.

Someone with an 'all-girls school' education and has a great smile that is sure to catch some lucky guy's eye.

Amanda said...

Dear Captain Obvious,
Oh god, go away! Save your "let them be happy" garbage for someone who cares! AND your lame flattery--not on this girl, my friend!
Solitarily yours,
Bitter Amanda