Monday, July 01, 2013

Austen Suburbs

The house next door to me has been home to many renters for probably 15 years. But for the past couple, it has been for sale. And empty. And sad. Sometimes a potential owner would come by and we'd hold our breath and judge them and hope they were chill and hope they bought the house. 

It's been empty for a long time. I can't really complain, because we've had some renters who made us pine for an empty house. 

But I heard some gossip. Some Dad gossip, which in this neighborhood means it is legit. 

We have a new neighbor. He's a young, single man. He's in my age bracket and employed and did I mention single? He's tall and handsome and THE MAN IN SINGLE. I know all this because my father saw him showing the place to his mom. They spoke for 20 minutes. His mom asked my dad if there are any single women in the area. My father was happy to mention his two daughters. 

So now all the neighbors know and are (im)patiently anticipating his arrival. 

If you're thinking this sounds a little bit like Pride and Prejudice...I agree. Now we just have to wait and see if Mr. Darcy really is attractive and convince him to host a party. 

I'll keep you posted. Naturally. 

2 comments:

beatrice said...

is your dad Ms. Bennet?

Amanda said...

It's very possible. I'll keep an eye out for further meddling.