Saturday, May 16, 2009

I draw the line at the bouquet toss.

Well, it has finally happened. I knew it would come sooner or later. That cruel, dark mistress has knocked on my door and she will not be denied.

I'm embarking on the voyage that is Being a Bridesmaid.

My BFF is getting married, whoohoo for her and her enamored fiancé and the inevitable hearts and doves which will be spewing out of them. I am, as you probably figured out, standing up as one of her bridesmaids, so I am privileged to be front row for all the (aforementioned) projectile hearts and doves. I can deal with that. No problem. I teach first grade, so I deal with things a lot more disgusting than that. But did you know how many things a bridesmaid is responsible for?? I mean, there are WHOLE BOOKS written on the topic! This is new territory for me, so you can imagine my concern. I mean, I don't know what I'm doing! And this is for my BFF, who has seen me at my worst and puts up with me, and I'd like to do her wedding justice by not being the bridesmaid that should probably be hidden in the back. You know, the one that gets talked about in hushed tones throughout the wedding. (Shut up, you do it too.) There are showers and bachelorette parties and then of course the bride probably needs a lot of help with stuff on the big day. I need to find a flask that is both tasteful and small enough to fit in my handbag. And I have to campaign for a tall groomsman because I don't want to be the lopsided pair. And also I should probably check to see how tacky that last one is.

I have a lot of research to do.

No comments: