It was eye-opening. Here are some things I learned about myself:
1. Some of my standards are lower than I thought. I only flush the toilet when it's necessary or when I'm entertaining guests. (On the plus side, I know how and when to clean.) Is this gross? Maybe. But at least it's earth-friendly. And yesterday I wanted to take a nap. I arrived home from work to a bed covered in books, my laptop, and laundry baskets full of clothes I washed last week and didn't bother to fold. I looked at that and thought, hey I can take this nap if I move everything. Then I imagined myself taking the time to do that and thought again. I napped on the floor directly next to my bed. I didn't even consider moving to another room to find a couch. I would make the same decision over again.
2. I really want a dog.*
3. I am not shy. Ask how many doors I closed during those ten days.**
4. If I could get all my exercise via solo dance parties, I would be much, much happier. I pretty much dance partied around that house every day, despite my dog friend not giving a shit. Sorry not sorry neighbors.
5. I talk to myself, out loud, all the damn time.
6. I may not know how to use every corkscrew I come across, but I'll figure it out. Because I'm highly motivated.
Way more complicated than it looks.
7. Did I mention I want a dog?
*Not a new discovery but still worth noting.
**If you guessed 1-3 and only when other people were in the house, you'd be correct.