1. This is day two of not having my regular voice. It peaced out sometime yesterday morning and our relationship has been on-again, off-again since then. (Mostly off.) Teaching first grade has been a blast...except not really. Mug of tea was attached to my hand all day. Oh, you want your shoe tied? Sorry, I can't do that with one hand. Hold my steaming hot beverage. (Safety first!) Man voice is a totally unfortunate side effect.
2. Ate the last of my summer Kinder Eggs brought home from European Adventure. I was planning on saving it for something special, but Tuesdays can be special too. Special because I ate a Kinder Egg and then constructed a tiny plastic sailboat! (So, really, this is unacceptable with a totally acceptable ending. Glass half full!)
3. Glee was a rerun.
4. Wondering if a boy will text you...is a "disappointed in self" kind of feeling.
5. Work has felt slightly overwhelming lately as I tally up all the things I should be doing and what should be covered. There just isn't enough time in my day or space in my classroom.
However...acceptable parts of my day include:
1. Aforementioned Kinder Egg toy.
2. Dance break in my class today...played a CD of piano music. My kids are hilarious and adorable and freaking awesome.
Blog life has been put on hold until Thursday afternoon. Real life prevails, once again.