Friday, May 17, 2013

Book Club is coming back, like it or not.

So back in November, which was preposterously long ago, I told you I was starting a new Terrible Book Club book. (I'm not sure we ever actually named book club that...but I think it works.) I lied. I got absorbed into other activities and books. 

But have no fear. It's back. 

Earlier this week, I started (and finished) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. And while I strongly suggest you read this book--it's brilliantly written and beautiful--I also strongly advise that you do not read it in public. Not 50 Shades don't read it in public, but like...Ugly Cry don't read it in public. It's about a young woman with cancer and that's all I'll say about that. It's got a lot of feelings--the whole spectrum. It's a YA book but doesn't make you feel like you're too old for it. 

BUT THERE ARE SO MANY FEELINGS. And you all know how I am with feelings. 

Since I'm broken inside from this book, I decided I needed a break. So naturally my thoughts turned to Book Club. I have a treasure trove of non-thinking books! So as a sort of palette cleanser, I present to you the book I meant to read months ago but am starting today:

The Rules of Marriage by Wilma Counts. (Almost certainly a fake name, as pointed out by one reader.) I'll keep you posted! 

No comments: